All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Forgive me if this has already been asked but an athlete of mine came to me the other day with a question concerning her hair. She has a short layered bob and wanted to wear it in a ponytail for a competition, but wasn't sure of how to do so, and neither am I. I know it'll take extensions, but what would be the best way to do so? Anything helps!
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I don't know what kind of hair you do as this is how to do a big teased hair with poof and curls using extensions.

This is what works for my daughter

But if it's not quite what your looking for just watch part 1
I think that's the part we show how we put in extensions the way we do it.

There is different ways to do it but it works for us. I'm sure others have opinions on how to do extensions for cheer hair that may work better for her.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I don't know what kind of hair you do as this is how to do a big teased hair with poof and curls using extensions.

But if it's not quite what your looking for just watch part 2

There is different ways to do it but it works for us. I'm sure others have opinions on how to do extensions for cheer hair that may work better for her.

Good luck

That just blew my mind.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Good luck

Perfect!!! Thank you!!!!

Cp wants to try a new hairspray;we usually use Freeze-It, but she's thinks there is something better out there. I'm open to any suggestions!
I use the Herbal Essences body envy volumizing hairspray and it works really well for me! and it smells soooo good

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Good luck

I used this method and while it did work don't do what I did and put the ponytail a bit low but couldn't move it due to the amout of bobby bin in there

Tried the extensions on CPs just to the shoulders bob. I think it didn't work well because we didn't have enough pony tail from her own hair to hole the weight of the extensions. She is growing it out and hopefully by comp season she will have enough to hold them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forgive me if this has already been asked but an athlete of mine came to me the other day with a question concerning her hair. She has a short layered bob and wanted to wear it in a ponytail for a competition, but wasn't sure of how to do so, and neither am I. I know it'll take extensions, but what would be the best way to do so? Anything helps!

Why does she want a pony so bad? My CP loves not having to curl her hair - she has a bob and just does 1/4 up with the bow .

Lilbear just got an inverted cheer bob. Her coach likes the smaller bow/headband look. I have no idea how to do it ...any advice? Miraculously, I found small versions of the practice bow (no tail) that I can convert into a headband bow. But I have never looked at one closeup. Thick or thin band? Hints of making it stay put. Superglue is always an option - but I am hoping for something less permanent lol ;)

Lilbear just got an inverted cheer bob. Her coach likes the smaller bow/headband look. I have no idea how to do it ...any advice? Miraculously, I found small versions of the practice bow (no tail) that I can convert into a headband bow. But I have never looked at one closeup. Thick or thin band? Hints of making it stay put. Superglue is always an option - but I am hoping for something less permanent lol ;)
Put a strip of hot glue on the underside of the band and it will help it stay in the hair!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Good luck

Oh my Gawd! You are amazing, and your cp is so patient! (And adorable!) I could never do that. Curious how long it takes to "deconstruct" it after?? My cp complains about how long it takes to take hers out...all those bobby pins on the extensions....amazing!! I bow down to you!

FCA gems uses a hairpiece for some of their younger teams I believe and I wanted to know if anybody knew where to get it/what it was called?? There is a YouTube video that shows u how to put it over a bun. It looks like a regular teased pony. The website where it listed costs said it was around $20 but didn't list brand. This would make doing my hair a lot easier because I am growing out my bob. Thanks in advance for any help!

Does anyone have experience with the Posh Ponies cheer wiglet brand? I'm considering saving up to save my hair but I don't know if it's worth it.

Does anyone have experience with the Posh Ponies cheer wiglet brand? I'm considering saving up to save my hair but I don't know if it's worth it.

We used pinups ponys with a tease and I'm loving it. it takes me five minutes to fix my cp hair and I don't have to tease her hair at all. I will post a pic if u want

Back