All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How do people with super teased get their hair out after comp? I tried teasing my pony one day (not near as big as that, it actually didn't get taller at all) just to see how it turned out and my ponytail holders had to be broken to get them out. We don't tease our ponytails so it's not an issue but I just always wonder if I'm crazy or other people have issues too? Especially with a bow in.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I had to tease like a nut for NFL tryouts. I would just brush out starting from the bottom of my hair in really small sections. You have to be super patient and gentle, but eventually it all comes out.

I wanted to post a follow up to my bang issue in case it helps anyone else. So the night before comp after her shower I blew her bangs dry while under brushing them back then I used two clips to hold them back till she went to bed. Her bangs aren't very thick so the next morning I pulled some hair from behind the bang line to incorporate into the poof. I teased the crap out of that hair and then basically used the blow drier and hairspray and used the bangs to kind of make a wall and cover the teased portion. They turned out well. I wound up doing a few other girls hair the morning of and they had all different length bangs and I did the same thing and it worked every time. So I guess the moral is you can have bangs and still rock a poof. LOL

How do people with super teased get their hair out after comp? I tried teasing my pony one day (not near as big as that, it actually didn't get taller at all) just to see how it turned out and my ponytail holders had to be broken to get them out. We don't tease our ponytails so it's not an issue but I just always wonder if I'm crazy or other people have issues too? Especially with a bow in.

I safely get the bow out and then cut the hair ties out. It's quick and easy

This is close to how I do my daughters. I do a section tease it, another section tease it, and another section tease it. The very front section I straighten and don't tease at all so it covers the mess.

Also after I pull out the poof section I put her hair in a high pony tail first. So that way I can get it up on top and I'm not worried about messing up the poof since I haven't done it yet. It's also easier to get it on her crown without the poof in my way.

One more thing I do for my kid is the whole section that I pulled out to tease I put in the poof and tease it thru the end. So that way there is no left over hair to add to her pony. The whole poof is that section of hair so the pony can't pull my poof down.

This makes 2 day hair easy. I let me kid sleep in it. If I need to redo her pony to get it slicked up again I can do that without taking the poof down and vice versa, sometimes I get completely done and don't like the final look of her poof. So I can unpin it and resculpt it without having to undo her pony or remove extensions! Makes my world super easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You need to make a video tutorial! :)

I wonder about this too...especially when your bow is attached by ponytail holder and can't be cut.

With great difficulty :)

And a tangle teaser, comb, and from tip to root

Can somebody give me some advice? I have really thin, fine, straight hair. We do a pouf with a curled pony tail for comps and I usually tease my pony tail. I do my pouf, put my hair into a pony tail then tease each section of hair before I curl it. This works fine and I can get my hair pretty big but the problem is that it always falls before I even compete . Do you guys have any suggestions on gel or some product I can use to make it stay?

Can somebody give me some advice? I have really thin, fine, straight hair. We do a pouf with a curled pony tail for comps and I usually tease my pony tail. I do my pouf, put my hair into a pony tail then tease each section of hair before I curl it. This works fine and I can get my hair pretty big but the problem is that it always falls before I even compete . Do you guys have any suggestions on gel or some product I can use to make it stay?

What falls? The curls or the pouf, height of pony?

Aussie Freeze Spray. It makes curls last in the rain (well for the most part, it does a good job) and heat. It's great.

Just got the Big Sexy Hair "Spray & Play Harder" hairspray and once you spray it- there's no going back. It's definitely tough stuff. Thought I would share in case anyone is looking for a good hairspray :)

Just got the Big Sexy Hair "Spray & Play Harder" hairspray and once you spray it- there's no going back. It's definitely tough stuff. Thought I would share in case anyone is looking for a good hairspray :)

This stuff is amazing! I can go from a medium sized pony to looking like I've got at least four times as much hair. These days my pony is much higher and wider than my bow. :D

Back