All-Star Cheer Hair Thread

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For those who use clip ins do you clip them in normally and then pull it up? Or do you do the natural pony and wrap the wefts are the pony?
I wrapped them around the pony in sections, pulling up a little hair, clipping in a weft, pulling in a little more hair, clipping in another, etc, until I had enough hair in there and all of it was in a pony, so essentially she had 3-4 smaller ponies inside the final one. It helped to hide that it was extensions.

When I asked my stylist how to put them in, she told me to do it this way because clip in extensions applied the "correct" way are meant to be worn with your hair down and if you try to put it in a pony doing it that way, you are more likely to have problems with the clips showing.

Girls with short hair, do you wear headbands or bows to competitions? I'm getting my hair cut soon and my coaches said that I would have to wear the headband. I was just wondering if they stayed put or if they were hard to deal with.

Girls with short hair, do you wear headbands or bows to competitions? I'm getting my hair cut soon and my coaches said that I would have to wear the headband. I was just wondering if they stayed put or if they were hard to deal with.
I know girls on my team with short hair wear the bow. They just gather a small section from the top to put the bow in and tease the very small pony so you can see it through the bow.

Depends on the length. Most of the girls I've coached/been on a team with that have had short hair prefer to wear a bow and a poof, so some hair is out of their face. Headbands tend to move around if not pinned in right, so good luck!

:help:Could anyone give me teasing tips? I never have a problem with poufs, but the actual pony tail never gets over the bow. I can get it big sometimes but it's more wide and like a ball than high and over the bow.

:help:Could anyone give me teasing tips? I never have a problem with poufs, but the actual pony tail never gets over the bow. I can get it big sometimes but it's more wide and like a ball than high and over the bow.
Put your hair in your ponytail, then flip your head over and section off a portion of the back of your ponytail (maybe 1/4 of it?) and tie that up in a ponytail too, so it starts making a tower of sorts lol. When you tease your hair, it will rest on top of that and make it look tall. I'm sorry if that makes no sense. Lol

What I do is after I put her hair in a high pony and place the bow in her hair I then move up like an inch and place another ponytail around her hair pony tail above the base and above where the bow is put in. This requires the hair to stand up more....
76331d8ddfd90dd694c5561b685a4dea.jpg

Idk if you can zoom in closely on this picture but there is a black rubberband (I should probably use brown it would blend with her hair better) just a little above the bow. You don't see it unless you look for it but it definitely adds height.. Sorry if you can't see it but I just wanted to show exactly where it is!

Eta: it also works for keeping bows from sliding out of the ponytail if people have that problem lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is an all star thread but for those of you that have the clip in bows like my college team, here's how my coach does my hair. I have very thin and short hair.. Sorry in advance for all the pictures and sizing..

Here's what it looks like down to give you an idea of the before and after:

Get an Under Armor (actually any brand should do I guess lol) headband with the sticky band on the inside and wear it under your headband and bobby them together! That's what I did and never had a problem :)

I know this is an all star thread but for those of you that have the clip in bows like my college team, here's how my coach does my hair. I have very thin and short hair.. Sorry in advance for all the pictures and sizing..

You uniform is perfect. Like, perfectly perfect.

Cute!! I might have to try this (or have my friend try it on me) since I have thin short hair. But I hate having my ears so so I'll leave a little extra down.

My cp has a head full of curly hair, I have straightened it prior to the poof and the pony because it is hard enough to brush through already with the curls and I thought teasing would be a disaster to it but maybe leaving it would help with the poof? Any experience with natural spirals anyone?

My cp has a head full of curly hair, I have straightened it prior to the poof and the pony because it is hard enough to brush through already with the curls and I thought teasing would be a disaster to it but maybe leaving it would help with the poof? Any experience with natural spirals anyone?
I would only straighten the very top layer of my hair, so the hair visible in my poof, and what is on top of the pony tail. The rest is left natural, and teased first, and then curled.

Back