All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

http://usasf.net.ismmedia.com/ISM2//Worlds/2013/Docs/Worlds_2013_Cheer_Packet.pdf
Page 11 has the family packages and the break out of the WWS admission

that says with a package, it includes three day admission, which is what I'm confused about--so it gives us admission to WWoS but then we need an additional ticket for each session in the Milkhouse, even though our hopper gave us admission to WWoS already?

and what about competitors both making/not making finals (back to Ashay 's question earlier.) if they make finals, are they only able to be in their own session? are they able to be at all three? do they have to pay if they want to get back into their own session after they compete? If they don't make finals, do they pay to get in as well?

I understand what you are saying but you also have to take into account there are extra days now that were not included last year. How many people paid last year and could not watch as well.

There are extra days, I know this. I'm just saying comparing the $$$ to watch the same amount of cheerleading as we saw last year at $150 will now cost $510. The amount of day's isn't relevant here. Just the amount of cheer I got for my $$ and how much that same amount of cheer will cost this year.

Exactly! Did the women's gymnastic team celebrate after their winning performances?? Yes. Did they do it in a completely classy sportsmanlike manner??? Yes. Do you think winning the Olympics was any less exciting than hitting a routine at worlds???? Definitely not!!! Cheerleaders can learn to celebrate without collapsing and rolling around on the floor for 15 minutes. I don't see anything wrong with upping the standard of etiquette we hold competitive cheerleading to. Also I completely understand not wanting coaches running onto the mat after performances.

What I DON'T see a problem with is a couple hi-fives as before the start of the routine. :rolleyes:

I agree with you completely, upping the etiquette is what is needed, all around!

The part I bolded I agree with but that is where the rule stems from. For years no one has had an issue with people giving a few high 5's or quick handshakes but recently it has turned to chest bump each teammate, special handshake with your 9 BFF's, shake the POTUS' hand, get set, hit your pose, then music starts.. It became too much.

I might be alone in this but I'd rather see the routine than see 80 different ways to shake hands. Plus all that can be done behind the curtain as teams wait for their turn to compete.

Before the routine, I don't have a problem, yeah I used to hug my flyer before each time we competed but I could have done with out it or done it back stage. Wave a bit get set and go. But afterwards, I don't see why it is a problem if I want to hug my flyer when walking off the stage and in fact, I was caught on ESPN a few years ago doing just that. We werent running victory laps, rolling on the ground (although once I did trip and pulled her down with me but I didn't mean too) we were walking of the stage and hugged each other. I don't see a problem with that.

Leave it at you have 30 seconds to get off, do with it whatever you want, but once you get past that 30 seconds and there are still people on the floor, we will deduct.

I guess the group hug that usasf has on the front cover of their worlds issue magazine of my daughter's team is not allowed now? I understand the need for a time limit to exit and enter..and some of the other behaviors that have occured..but would that hug fall under a penalty for the new guidelines. They put the photo on their magazine. The price increase is so much .. I live in the Orlando area and feel that price is outrageous ..as anything attached to Disney normally is.

I agree with you completely, upping the etiquette is what is needed, all around!

The part I bolded I agree with but that is where the rule stems from. For years no one has had an issue with people giving a few high 5's or quick handshakes but recently it has turned to chest bump each teammate, special handshake with your 9 BFF's, shake the POTUS' hand, get set, hit your pose, then music starts.. It became too much.

I might be alone in this but I'd rather see the routine than see 80 different ways to shake hands. Plus all that can be done behind the curtain as teams wait for their turn to compete.

LOL. Fair point!

If the excess number of bids is considered a problem, and the crowds are a problem and you don't want to move and you don't want to control it the right way (managing the true root cause - issuing too many bids) and all of this adds up to an excuse to raise the price enough to force reduction of your fan base then....USASF, how about throwing in two paid family member WWS admissions to each member of a paid/partial-paid bid team. Then at least you aren't punishing the people who everyone seems to think "belong at Worlds".

And I am NOT going there. I have sympathies on both sides of that coin.

Now that I'm able to get back to this thread, kingston has essentially given what I was going to suggest: a visible clock. While I'm in favor of moving the venue, at least at this venue, I'm pretty sure it has access to a shot clock since it's a gymnasium. Let's announce the teams and start the clock. They have 30 seconds to start the music. The music ends and they have 30 seconds to exit the floor. Why do they even need the rest of the stupid rules about hugging people and waving to the crowd. "Excessive" celebration? Can YOU really say when anothers' celebration is "excessive"? Based on what? Whether YOU wanted that team to do well?

When an objective option (finally!) is staring people in the face, did they really have to run to choose more subjectivity?

Finally, I think the pricing changes are tragic, but if they aren't going to move the event, that's the only other option for crowd control. If you don't like it, don't go. The pocketbook is the only way to protest. A 2013 Worlds competition performed to crickets will gain attention.

Right, but ritualistic could be as benign as a high 5, which has been specifically mentioned. I guess I should state, I'm not against the rule, but don't agree with it being overbearing.

We do know the difference between that and parading around. And as yojaehs
mentioned in a reply, those *could* be addressed more specifically, but it's easier to make a blanket rule, and make everybody pay the price. Something else I don't agree with.

Unfortunately in everyday life we are penalized for the choice few.

ASCheerMan do you know why they chose to make the park hopper pass only include two day admission for what is clearly a three day comp? I think if they would make it three day, a lot of people would be less angry...and it just makes more sense to make a 3 day hopper pass for a 3 day competition include 3 day entry to said competition.
Sorry, I wasn't involved in any of the discussions re: these specific changes.

Back