All-Star Worlds Info Packet

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And about these three "sessions" on Monday. Do they plan on evacuating the building 3 times on Monday and then only letting the ones who paid for the next session re-enter? Sounds like a clusteryouknowhat
I'll be the one hiding in the bathroom stall making all kinds on weird noises until the next session!

Finally, I think the pricing changes are tragic, but if they aren't going to move the event, that's the only other option for crowd control. If you don't like it, don't go. The pocketbook is the only way to protest. A 2013 Worlds competition performed to crickets will gain attention.

I agree that a price change is among the least bad of all of the terrible options the venue offers. Currently, the number of people wanting to watch far exceeds the number of seats. Since a venue change is apparently not an option (which would increase the seating), they are left with trying to lower the number of people wanting to watch. The easiest way to do this is to increase the price dramatically. Moving some divisions to Monday will also make it more difficult for some fans, which will help with overcrowding. The alternative is the unfortunate situations we had last year (or worse.)

NOTE: Like ASCheerMan, I was not involved in any of the discussions regarding these changes, so I am only guessing as to the thought process. My opinions do not necessarily reflect any "official" view.

I agree that a price change is among the least bad of all of the terrible options the venue offers. Currently, the number of people wanting to watch far exceeds the number of seats. Since a venue change is apparently not an option (which would increase the seating), they are left with trying to lower the number of people wanting to watch. The easiest way to do this is to increase the price dramatically. Moving some divisions to Monday will also make it more difficult for some fans, which will help with overcrowding. The alternative is the unfortunate situations we had last year (or worse.)

NOTE: Like ASCheerMan, I was not involved in any of the discussions regarding these changes, so I am only guessing as to the thought process. My opinions do not necessarily reflect any "official" view.

I just hope that USASF keeps in mind that they spend 2003-2012 trying to grow Worlds. I've repeatedly tried to get them to understand that an increase in revenue would need to come from increasing spectators and not through participant registration.

They've been pretty darned successful.

Starting in 2013, they are now trying to decrease the number of spectators. If they are successful in that, the sport might not recover.

I just hope that USASF keeps in mind that they spend 2003-2012 trying to grow Worlds. I've repeatedly tried to get them to understand that an increase in revenue would need to come from increasing spectators and not through participant registration.

Starting in 2013, they are now trying to decrease the number of spectators. If they are successful in that, the sport might not recover.[/quote

I'd like to know what business model they've studied. If it works genius. If not. Hmmmm

Starting in 2013, they are now trying to decrease the number of spectators. If they are successful in that, the sport might not recover.

THIS. So much this!!!

So this year its for per day for fri - sun and then 40 for each of three sessions on monday? Is that correct? Other then the change in having to purchase multiple passes on monday what is the ticket price change? Was it $35 I can't remember?

I get that this is the highest event in cheer. I understand the Superbowl and the BCS National Championship are expensive to attend. But they also didn't increase their price by 200% during one single season.

They also pick the largest and best venues possible to get the most butts in seats, not jack up the price to decrease spectators. They can charge those ridiculous amounts because their sport is already established and people will pay whatever they have to pay to be there. Not the case in cheer. We're trying to grow our sport and it's expendable to many spectators (like myself) who just go for fun.

I just don't understand the thought process behind discouraging attendance at an event you promote so heavily. Yes I know it's not stated that they are trying to have less people there, but let's be honest....I'm sure it was the motive for this price increase.

Question do we think that the 30 second deduction rule should be transparent and accessible to every coach? Just to be sure that team A who clearly celebrated more and took 2 seconds longer to exit the floor doesn't get a 2 point deduction when team B only had 5 hugs and was off 2 seconds faster but received a 4 point deduction...

Should these deductions be seen by all coaches in the division?

So this year its for per day for fri - sun and then 40 for each of three sessions on monday? Is that correct? Other then the change in having to purchase multiple passes on monday what is the ticket price change? Was it $35 I can't remember?

Fri to Sun is $40 per person per day. ($25 per day last year)
Monday is $30 per session with 3 sessions going on. (Worlds was over on Sunday last year)

Am I the only one excited for when the link to "Floor Examples" has actual examples? I wonder if it'll be real performances from Worlds or a bunch of USASF staff demonstrating and reenacting "excessive celebrating" and "team rituals".

Fingers crossed for the second one; I think it would be way more funny.

This reminded me of the scene in stick it where she imagines the judges doing all of the gymnastics before their meet.
And they all eat mat and the guys pants falls off.

Were you thinking of something like that?
Cause I'd like the USASF more after.

Back